BLOG POST: Let Go and Let God
Have you ever heard the phrase, "Let go and let God"? Does it bring you a sense of relaxation and trust in your Creator to guide you? Or does it make you defensive, like, who are you to tell me what to do? I get it.
When I first heard those words, I was trapped in my need for control. It felt like an insult, suggesting I was a control freak. But after years of spiritual exploration, I discovered the true meaning of letting go and letting God. First, I had to find God, connect with Him, and build a relationship. Then, I learned to trust Him to show me the way. It's been a long journey, but I've learned so much.
And between you and me, I have found that it’s the true secret for living a life of profound meaning and well-being. In the beginning, it was kind of scary for me to let go and let God. Maybe you can relate. But don’t worry. Surrendering doesn't mean giving up control completely. You still have to make your own decisions, put in your effort, and course-correct along the way. So when your inner rebel resists, and says, “No, way, I am not letting go of control!" you can appease that fear by realizing that you can stay in control by directing yourself with all the inner work you have to do.
When you do learn to let go and let God, you will open yourself up to miracles. Amazing things happen when you let go and let God. In fact, if you cling to your fears and doubts, you will block the good things you desire. So if you release your grip and allow your Divine Source to co-create along with you, you will be both surprised and delighted to see the results that come forth.
I had a client who was overwhelmed by work, family, and building a business. She was a spiritual person, but she forgot to let the Divine be in control. I led her in an exercise to support her with this. Through the exercise, she realized how her upbringing shaped her personality as a high-achiever. And the reason why she couldn't manage her time was because she tried to fit too much in a day. So after our session, she felt calm and reconnected with her spiritual essence. And she realized how much work there was left to do. Not in her job, not at home, and not with her kids. She understood the need to work on herself and let go, so she could enjoy life more.
Imagine freeing yourself from worry and handing it over to your Creator. Allowing God to guide the puzzle pieces of your life falling into place. You know the secret: letting go, releasing your grip, and trusting. Here are my top five favorite metaphors for letting go and letting God.
You can use the following imagery to help you release control for your mental, emotional and physical health.
1. You can imagine yourself going through your day as a leaf floating down a river, guided by a gentle current, towards your destination.
2. See yourself planting a seed of trust in the fertile soil of faith and allow it to grow into a beautiful garden. That garden contains beautiful flowers that represent fulfilling work, connection with others, peace and well-being.
3. Let yourself release the anchor of control and let the ship of your life sail on a vast sea of surrender. See the silvery surface of the water glisten under a bright blue sky of hope.
4. Picture emptying your cup, so that it may be filled with the wisdom and blessings of your Divine Source.
5. Let yourself release the kite string of your life and allow it to soar on the winds of divine guidance. Wherever it is led, that’s where you follow.
Recently, some of my goals aligned in a miraculous way, orchestrated by the Divine. That's the beauty of letting go and letting God.
And one last thing: You're never alone.
You don't have to figure everything out by yourself.
Let go and let God show you the way.
With that I wish you much love, many blessings, and remember to connect to your ease and flow soul.